Job Title: Electronics Engineer
No. of people required: 1
Closing Dates for Applications: TBD
Wage details: TBA
Days/hours/shifts to be worked: Office hours
About the company: Highland Biosciences is an established and innovative Scottish company that specialises in portable scientific instruments for measuring the properties of fluids, for life sciences, medical and defence.
“We believe in bringing the laboratory to the sample, delivering quality results at the point of need.”
The company operates a design and small manufacturing facility in Scotland with partners across the UK and Europe.
Summary: We are looking for a hands-on electronics development engineer, who is comfortable simulating, prototyping and documenting electronic circuits for use in Scientific Instruments.
- Interpret requirements documents and understand voice-of-customer / stakeholder information
- Develop circuit concepts to deliver solutions
- Select the best components
- Prototyping and testing
- Managing the PCB development process
- Conduct design reviews with colleagues, manufacturers and customers including technical and project risk analysis methods.
- Sound knowledge of basic physics and maths principles with thirst for further knowledge.
- Analogue and digital circuit design
- Proficient use of PCB design packages (for example MENTOR PADS) and generation of 2D drawings for manufacturing.
- Design for EMC and test/ management of testing
- Educated to degree level in Electronics Engineering (or equivalent) and will have sufficient experience to be able to demonstrate delivery of broad range of technical product designs through from concept to successful manufacture.
- Outgoing and happy to work both with external customers and end users as well as contractors and suppliers.
- “Hands-on” engineer, happy to use whatever tools are required to get a result, from computer modelling to prototype pcb production.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility – able to work without supervision and deliver results.
- Experience/ knowledge of scientific instrument development
- Work for defence industry/ prior experience with armed services
- Medical device design (diagnostics preferred)
How to apply: Please send your CV to Emma at email@example.com or alternatively call for further information