Job Title: Technician/ operator
No. of people required: 2
Closing Dates for Applications: TBD
Wage details: TBA
Working hours: Office hours – part time initially with potential to extend
Duration: Temporary with potential to extend.
About the company: Highland Biosciences is an established and innovative Scottish company that specialises in portable scientific instruments for measuring the properties of fluids.
We believe in bringing the laboratory to the sample, delivering quality results at the point of need.
The company operates a design and small manufacturing facility in Scotland with partners across the UK and Europe. In recent years HBL has developed technology which provides significant advantages to all users of the products. These benefits have led to winning many research contracts, and HBL is currently a specialist contractor to both the UK Ministry of Defence and to the UK National Health Service.
Brief job description: Technician/ operator required to assemble and test high quality product for Scottish instrumentation manufacturer within a clean-room environment. Able to demonstrate close attention to detail and deliver consistent performance, you will be a key member of our growing team, producing our innovative product for sale.
Duties: Working as a pair, you will assemble and test product in our small manufacturing facility. With full responsibility for product quality and output, you will be trained to set-up and operate the equipment to produce high quality single use test cartridges.
- Working primarily within a clean-room area, you will wear appropriate gowning and follow clean-room best practice procedures to preserve the integrity of the product.
- Follow work instructions to assemble product using light assembly equipment and tooling.
- Test product as required, pack and label. Fill out production records.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement of process and production area including formal exercises with the whole team.
- Potential to extend duties to include basic performance testing within on-site laboratory.
Essential Criteria :
- Demonstrate good basic numeracy and literacy
- PC literate
- Happy to carry out manual tasks (light work only)
- Self motivated and can deliver results
How to apply: Recruitment method Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call to discuss initially.